Realtors honor volunteers
WEATHERFORD - The Greater Metro West Association of Realtors celebrated the New Year by hosting an Appreciation Luncheon in honor of those members that volunteered their time, talents, and support for the GMWAR in 2009 and will again be active in volunteering in 2010.
Dining, dancing, pool and darts featured at chain’s locations
WEATHERFORD — A privately-held company plans to covert a former grocery store building on South Main Street into a restaurant and entertainment venue.
- Face of Parker County Business: Donnie Romine CEO, Weatherford Regional Medical Center
- Mike Carter joins First Financial Bank WEATHERFORD – First Financial Bank, N.A., Weatherford, Chairman & CEO Doyle Lee recently announced the addition of Parker county banker Michael Carter as Senior Vice President/Branch Manager of First Financial Bank in Aledo.
- BBB lists top 10 scams and rip-offs of 2009 FORT WORTH – Better Business Bureau has released a list of the top 10 scams and rip-offs of 2009. Not surprisingly, many scams sought to take advantage of people who were suffering under tough economic circumstances — such as the unemployed.
- Texas Comptroller’s free seminar answers business owners’ questions about state taxes A diverse economy, growing work force and friendly business climate attract more businesses to the Lone Star state every day. Texas Comptroller Susan Combs’ office regularly presents free taxpayer seminars throughout the state to help new and existing business owners understand their state tax responsibilities.
- Total to buy stake in Chesapeake gas assets NEW YORK (AP) — The French oil company Total SA on Monday made a move into the U.S. natural gas market with a $2.25 billion deal with Oklahoma's Chesapeake Energy Corp.
- Tax tips for holiday charitable giving DALLAS — The spirit of giving seems to grow during the holiday season, and many donations are made to charitable causes at this special time of year.
- Kincaid's Hamburgers cooks up a new tradition in Weatherford For decades the little hamburger joint was a beloved part of the West Fort Worth landscape. Now, its owners are working to make it a Weatherford tradition.
- State unemployment tax on businesses to triple AUSTIN (AP) — Nearly two-thirds of Texas businesses will see the unemployment taxes they pay per employee per year nearly triple from $23.40 to $64.80 under rates announced Tuesday by the Texas Workforce Commission.
- More Business Headlines
- Realtors honor volunteers