Witt, Jernigan to wed in July
Larry and Rita Jernigan, of Weatherford, are proud to announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their son, Justin, to Jessica DeeAnn Witt, of Dallas.
Marrs mark 70 years of marriage
Melba and Gene Marr recently celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary.
Longs celebrate their 60th anniversary
Bobby Gene and Bessie McKeown Long recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.
Bledsoe, Pittman plan June nuptials
Roger Bledsoe, of West Point, Ga., and Caroline Worthington. of Jacksboro, Texas, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Courtney Adele Bledsoe, to Clinton Lee Pittman, son of Mr. and Mrs. Rodney Pittman, of Peaster.
- Benefit combines singing, guests for special cause
- Cookbook to benefit breast cancer
- Safety tips for the holidays CALIFORNIA — Ahhh, the holidays…easily the busiest time of the year. But while you’re occupied with cooking and entertaining, it’s important to keep a watchful eye on your pets to ensure their safety.
- Expecting? Stork parking convenient, controversial BETHEL PARK, Pa. (AP) — Like a high-noon shootout in the old West, I raced toward the empty ‘‘stork’’ parking space at my local grocery store and found myself bumper to bumper with another mom driving a large gold SUV.
- Dealing with a boss with bad behavior When U.S. pole vaulter Jenn Stuczynski came in second place to Russia’s Yelena Isinbayeva at the Olympics, many coaches would have praised her for coming in second only to a world champion who won 14 consecutive major competitions since 2003. But instead her coach Rick Suhr blasted her by dismissing her accomplishment with the words: “It’s the same old, same old,” and even NBC commentators were shocked by his accusatory words, asking: “Didn’t she just win the silver medal? Where’s the joy?”
- A family's first dog I was watching the Westminster Dog Show this week, the Terrier group to be specific, and was reminded for the first time in many years of my first dog, Sandy.
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Witt, Jernigan to wed in July