- E-file starts today, more Texans choose it over paper filing DALLAS — Most taxpayers may file their 2007 tax returns electronically beginning Jan. 11 as the Internal Revenue Service opens the e-file program.
- Confusion continues about implementation of passport regulations GARLAND — New deadlines concerning necessary documentation are about to impact international travelers when they return to the United States.
- New year, new commitments: CCCS provides helpful tips for attaining 2008 financial goals FORT WORTH — The New Year marks the beginning of new goals, opportunities and exciting adventures. For some, it is a time of reflection on past experiences, accomplishments and failures. For most, the New Year is a time to determine and undertake new improvements and to set new financial goals.
- Man uses tractor to crush cactus TEMPLE (AP) — The prickly pear cactus has been a thorn in the cattleman’s side since the Mexican vaqueros began pushing their stock across the Rio Grande well over two centuries ago.
- A promise worth keeping A promise made is a debt unpaid.” — Robert Service
DSHS Registry helps reunite adult adoptees with birth parents, siblings
For some, it is a medical need to know.
For others, it is the desire to put life’s jigsaw puzzle pieces together.
Gardening is the purest of human pleasures
We can get rid of fungi, beetles and aphids in the garden, but there is one bug we can’t get rid of — the Gardening Bug. Once bitten, we’re incurable and will be drawn to the garden to dig in the soil from here on.
- ‘Rejoice’ the meaning of third Sunday Q: One of the Sundays in Advent is called Gaudete Sunday. Which one? What does Gaudete mean?
- A tiara brings a princess moment to every woman NEW YORK (AP) — It’s hard not to smile when you’re wearing a tiara.
- Gardening is the purest of human pleasures Of all the vegetables growing in the winter garden, Brussels sprouts looks the strongest.
- More Lifestyles Headlines