Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will be launching Step Up and Scale Down, a new 12-week weight management program to help with efforts to lose weight.
The series kicks off Monday, March 4, at the Parker County Extension Office, 604 N. Main St., in Weatherford. Classes are noon to 1 p.m. for 12 consecutive Mondays. The class will begin at 12:15 p.m.
Step Up and Scale Down is a great program to do with a friend or family member. The program consists of weekly lessons to help participants make steps toward a healthier weight. The sessions include:
• Scale Down by Setting Goals.
• Step Up to a Healthy Plate.
• Scale Down by Label Reading.
• Step Up to Breakfast and Menu Planning.
• Scale Down with Moves to Lose.
• Step Up Your Hydrations.
• Scale Down by Finding your Motivational Mojo.
• Step Up to Healthy Snacking.
• Scale Down with a Colorful Plate.
• Step Up to Successful Socializing.
• Scale Down by Knowing your Numbers.
• Step Up and Celebrate.
The classes include a weekly weight check-in, a weekly challenge to help you stay the course, Dinner Tonight! healthy recipes and incentives. The program is based on USDA 2010 guidelines.
Cost for the program is $25, which includes all materials. Pre-register by calling 817-598-6168 or mailing a check for FCS Parker County and send along with name, address and telephone number to: Parker County Extension Office, 604 N. Main St., Ste. 200, Weatherford, TX 76086.